Wild Mushroom Risotto
- 20g unsalted butter
- 5g chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 10g freshly grated Parmesan or vegetarian alternative
- 1 tbsp mascarpone
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 100g mixed wild mushrooms, cleaned, washed
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 60ml white wine
- 100g risotto rice
- 500ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
Step 1Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the onion and garlic, cover with a lid and cook for 5 minutes. Pour the chicken stock into a separate pan and bring to a simmer.
Step 2Add the rice to the onions and coat in the butter. Add the white wine, boil and reduce for 2 minutes. Add just enough hot stock to cover the rice.
Step 3Heat the olive oil in a separate frying pan and fry the mushrooms for 3 minutes until golden brown. Season and add to the rice. Cook the rice and mushrooms for 10 minutes, adding a little more stock once the previous batch has been absorbed by the rice.
Step 4When the rice has softened but still has a slight bite, add the mascarpone, Parmesan, parsley and lemon juice. If serving immediately, taste and adjust seasoning and serve.