Sesame-glazed Salmon with Pickled Ginger Rice
- 4 x 175g salmon fillets, skin on Olive oil for brushing fish before cooking
- Marinade for Salmon
- 1 tsp ginger syrup
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 2 tsp Gluten Free tamari
- 1 tbs grated fresh ginger
- 1 tbs soft brown ginger
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- Zest of 1 lime, finely grated
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- Pickled Ginger Rice
- 300g long grain white rice
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 50g pink pickled ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 tbs nigella seeds – from health food shops – jet black with an aromatic smoky flavour – or use black sesame seeds
Step 1Line a baking tray with baking paper
Step 2Preheat oven to 120 Deg C
Step 3Combine marinade ingredients and rub over salmon. Marinate in the frig for 1-2 hours. Remove from frig 30 minutes before cooking.
Step 4Cook rice, adding lime leaves to the water. When rice is cooked and drained, stir through pickled ginger and nigella seeds. Set aside.
Step 5Heat a chargrill pan over a medium- heat. Remove salmon from marinade and reserve marinade. Dab salmon with paper towel to remove excess marinade. Brush salmon with olive oil and grill for 1 minute each side. Transfer salmon to baking tray and drizzle with reserved marinade.
Step 6Bake salmon for 12 minutes or until cooked to your likely.
Step 7Serve salmon with marinade from the baking tray, pickled ginger rice and Asian greens and cucumber salad.