Sea Bass with Chilli, Ginger and Spring Onions
- 4 x sea bass fillets, about 140g each, skin on and scaled
- 3 tbs sunflower oil
- large knob of ginger, peeled and shredded into matchsticks
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 fat, fresh red chillies deseeded and thinly shredded
- 1 bunch spring onions, shredded long-ways
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 lime cut in half
Step 1Season the fish with salt and pepper, then slash the skin 3 times.
Step 2Heat a heavy-based frying pan and add 1 tbs oil. Once hot, fry the fish, skin-side down, for 5 mins or until the skin is very crisp and golden. The fish will be almost cooked through. Turn over, cook for another 30 secs-1 min, then transfer to a serving plate and keep warm. Fry the fish in 2 batches.
Step 3Heat the remaining oil, then fry the ginger, garlic and chillies for about 2 mins until golden. Take off the heat and toss in the spring onions. Splash the fish with a little soy sauce and spoon over the contents of the pan. Then squeeze the lime over the fish.