Left Field Albarino Te Awa
- Brand Left Field
- Bottle Size 75cl
- ABV 13.5%
- Vintage 2018
- Country New Zealand
- Country Region North Island
- Subregion Gisborne
- Grape Variety Albarino
- Closure Screw cap
Intro to Left Field Albarino Te Awa –
Left Field Albarino made by Te Awa in Gisborne has gorgeous little citrus flowers link arms with melon and peach to dance in the sunshine, always maintaining an air of class. Meanwhile lime lingers in the shadows vying for attention.
Full tasting note and wine making –
The Te Awa Left Field Albarino fruit was harvested and gently pressed to stainless steel tanks and later 80% of the clear juice was racked and fermented with yeast selected to highlight the lovely aromatics and texture of this exciting grape variety. The remaining 20% of the juice was run to seasoned French oak puncheons and stainless steel barrels and blended with the rest of the wine after a natural fermentation that adds a complexity and richness to the wine.
This aromatic white wine grape originally hails from the north-western corner of Spain and Portugal and has now made itself at home in the maritime climate of Gisborne producing a crisp yet textured fruity wine.
The producer –
Left Field wines are the birthplace of the unexpected, the weird and the wonderful. They take a whimsical approach to exploration, creativity and imagination. The winery is situated in the sacred Gimblett Gravels, a gift left behind from the trails of the old Ngaruroro River which meandered through the region until a huge flood changed its course in 1867.
Under the watchful eye of winemaker, Richard Painter, a sense of exploration runs deep at Left Field, just like the ancient Ngaruroro River winding its way through the Gimblett Gravels, always seeking a different path. When it comes to winemaking, curiosity reigns and rules are made to be broken, weaving together a rich tapestry to bring forth Left Field wines.
Drink with –
This Albarino is great on its own or to savour along with a spicy Thai chicken salad.
Flagship Wines uses a reliable carrier with a robust national delivery network providing a speedy convenient service to UK mainland addresses.
Deliveries are made Monday to Friday and not normally on Saturdays, Sundays or Bank Holidays though Saturday deliveries are possible on payment of an additional charge.
Click and Collect Service
If you wish to collect your order from Flagship Wines shop at 417 Hatfield Road, St Albans, AL4 0XP please click on this option at checkout. There is no charge for this service.
Delivery in St Albans is FREE for orders over £85, for orders less than £85 the charge is £5.
Postal delivery of tasting tickets and vouchers is also FREE if this option is chosen.
Our standard national delivery charge is £10 and is FREE for all orders over £250. The standard delivery is next day for all orders placed by 12noon and the following day for all orders received later than that.
Arrangements in case you’re out at the time of delivery
Please leave clear instructions in the special instructions section on the checkout page so the wine can be left in a safe place to suit you. As our delivery service requires a signature then if your wine is not signed for it is left at your risk and losses are not replaceable. If instructions are not left a card will be put through your door asking you to contact the carrier to arrange re-delivery or collection within 2 days.
Please also provide directions in the special instructions box at the checkout to the delivery address if it is hard to find.
Non UK Mainland addresses
For charges applicable for delivery to remote addresses such as the Scottish Highlands and Islands please note that different charges apply and these are clearly shown at checkout. The charges are per case of 12 x 75cl bottles and the delivery time will be a little longer due to the location.
The Scottish postcodes affected are as follows:
AB 30, 33-38, 41-45, 51-56, DD 8-9, FK 19-21, IV 1-18, 30-37, 40, 41-49, 51 -56, 63, KA 15-17, 27-28, KW15-17, PA 20-49, 60-78, PH 15-26, 30-44, 49, 50, HS 1-9, ZE 1-3
If you would like to arrange delivery to any addresses that are not covered here please contact us on 01727 865309 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will ascertain the correct charges for you.
Out of Stock
If any items you ordered are out of stock we will contact you as soon as possible.
Please contact us by phone on 01727 865309 or by email within 48 hours if your wine doesn’t reach you in perfect condition.
We hope you enjoy your wines and would love to hear what you thought of them.